Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty and easy on your weight loss plan...plus another way to get a serving of super-healthy broccoli. At six servings the points plus value is 1 per serving...the entire batch is 6 points plus!
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups almond milk, original flavor unsweetened
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Chop broccoli and cook in chicken stock until tender. Use a wand blender to puree broccoli and stock.
- Add the can of mushroom soup, almond milk and grated cheese.
- Saute the onions in the olive oil until done and slightly caramelized. Add to the soup along with salt and pepper to taste.
Very tasty light broccoli cheese soup! I made exactly as posted, and it turned out very creamy and satisfying. You'd never know it was Weight Watchers! And quick enough that I could make it easily for lunch or a weeknight. Wonderful for an unusually cool night here in Florida! Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!
I made this recipe (doubled) tonight just as it is posted. It is FANTASTIC! As the weather is getting colder, I love warm and creamy soups. This soup is incredibly light and has so much flavor I wouldn't even need to add anything else to it! My family has asked that I make it again very soon. This is my new go-to soup for any quick dinner. The recipe takes no time at all to put together and is certainly worth trying. I will definitely be making this for my cool weather family events and sharing it with all of them!