Recipe by Jazziegirl8751
No guilt! Low in Weight Watchers points!
Top Review by senseicheryl
I ran this recipe through my Weight Watchers Recipe Builder using the following ingredients and each muffin comes out to 3 points each: Point value per muffin = 3 (using the following ingredients) 1 cup blueberries 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 cup self-rising cornmeal mix 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp table salt 2 items egg white(s) 1/2 cup sugar 1 egg 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce 1 cup 1% low-fat milk 1 Tbsp 1% low-fat milk 1 cup powdered sugar 1 tsp lemon zest We could probably even cut it down a little more by using Splenda instead of sugar, fat free milk and perhaps 1/2 white 1/2 whole wheat flour...Thank you for posting!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour a cupcake pan.
- Toss blueberries with 1 tbs. flour.
- Mix together remaining flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- On medium-high speed, beat the 2 egg whites to stiff peaks.
- On low, beat in the extra egg and applesauce.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and 1 cup milk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Divide among the cupcake pan. Bake 25 minutes , until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and put them on a cooling rack.
- For the topping, mix confectioner's sugar, 1 tbs milk and lemon zest. Drizzle over completely cooled muffins.
- These bake wonderfully and are so much better for you than the high fat and calorie bakery muffins!