Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a weight watcher recipe, and one of my favorites. My whole family loves this. It is only 3pts for 1 cup! I didn't see it posted anywhere, and thought I would share it. It is so simple and good. Servings are a guestimate, as my family doesn't have to stick to one cup.
- 3 2⁄3 cups cooked large macaroni shells
- 4 cups tomatoes, cut up
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups of thin sliced lettuce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix together shell, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar, vinegar, mayo, sour cream and mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over shell mixture, stir and chill.
I love this recipe! As my name suggests, I am a true, 100% mayo lover of the pure fat variety. However, since joining WW, my tastebuds have adjusted to light mayo - to some degree. The basic ingredients of light mayo, combined with the vinegar, sugar, sour cream, and dijon makes for an outstanding alternative to the "full fat" dressing I have come to know and love. It tasted just as good as the real thing, if not better as it did not leave me with a greasy feel afterward. I substituted the add-ins with celery, apple, egg, and Maui onion. It was great, everyone loved it and didn't know the difference - including my husband, who is an extreme anti-light mayo guy. Thank you for posting the recipe...it's recipes like this that have allowed me to stick with WW!
This was just ok. It had way too many tomatoes for me. I think if I were to try this again, I would cut the tomatoes down to just 1-2 cups and not 4. It needs a bit more flavor - maybe more bacon and some green onion or other favorite.
This was very good. I used greek yogurt instead of sou cream b/c I don't care for s.c. Also kept the lettuce separate and added as we ate so it would get soggy. Reviewed for Pool Party 2010.