Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.weightwatchers.com website. It appears to be different from the others that are posted on Zaar. "Black beans add fiber and moisture to this lightened up version of a dessert classic. They're rich and delicious, full of chocolaty goodness." Customize this basic recipe with instant espresso, a teaspoon of cinnamon or 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Great served with whipped cream or powdered sugar, or topped with walnuts (could affect POINTS values).
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, canned (rinsed and drained)
- 1⁄4 cup black coffee, strong
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- X 13-inch pan with flour variety cooking spray; line with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a blender or mini food processor, process beans with coffee until smooth; set aside.
- In a double boiler over very low heat, melt butter and chocolate.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. With mixer on low speed, add melted chocolate to eggs; incorporate well. Add black bean mixture, vanilla and salt; mix well. Add flour; combine thoroughly on low speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in center of brownies comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, remove brownies from pan by pulling up on foil and placing brownies on cooling rack to cool more.
Ok I tweeked this recipe a bit because I did not want all the fat and upon tasting the batter , I needed to make it a little better. here's what I changed: 1/2 applesauce instead of 1/2 c butter. I added 4 tbs of salted butter to the chocolate when I melted it in the microwave. only 2 eggs . I used 1/2 ww flour and white flour. ALso I added 1 TBS ff peanut butter. 5 min before done baking I topped with 1 hershey kiss and sprinkled top with 1/4 C coconut and returned to oven. I would make this again. figured on the recipe designer at ww still only 3 points each. 24 servings.
These were just ok tasting and don't last longer than a few days at room temp. Maybe they are supposed to be refrigerated?