This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.weightwatchers.com website. It appears to be different from the others that are posted on Zaar. "Black beans add fiber and moisture to this lightened up version of a dessert classic. They're rich and delicious, full of chocolaty goodness." Customize this basic recipe with instant espresso, a teaspoon of cinnamon or 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Great served with whipped cream or powdered sugar, or topped with walnuts (could affect POINTS values).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- X 13-inch pan with flour variety cooking spray; line with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
- 2In a blender or mini food processor, process beans with coffee until smooth; set aside.
- 3In a double boiler over very low heat, melt butter and chocolate.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. With mixer on low speed, add melted chocolate to eggs; incorporate well. Add black bean mixture, vanilla and salt; mix well. Add flour; combine thoroughly on low speed.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in center of brownies comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, remove brownies from pan by pulling up on foil and placing brownies on cooling rack to cool more.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Black Bean Brownies - Ww Points = 3
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 24.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g