Recipe by Shelby Jo
From the cookbook, "Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook." The recipe makes 4 servings at 2 points per serving. The photo in the cookbook looks wonderful! This is different from most chocolate dipped strawberry recipes I've seen because it includes a bit of raspberry liqueur. The prep time doesn't include chill time for chocolate to harden.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Wow...what a crowd pleaser. I took these to a staff luncheon, and they were the first thing to disappear. Everyone loved these, and they were so easy to make. The hint of raspberry was a nice touch. I will be making these often during the summer when strawberries are plentiful. I know they are going to go over big at our cookouts. This one's going straight into the keeper file. Made for April, 2009 Photo Tag. Update: This recipe is in my Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons raspberry liqueur
- 1⁄2 ounce white chocolate, chopped or 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 2 cups strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. In a small microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate chips, liqueur, and 1 1/2 teaspoons water; microwave on High, stirring twice, until melted and smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes. Holding a berry by the hull, dip the berry halfway into the chocolate; set on the wax paper. Repeat with the remaining berries and chocolate.
- In another small microwavable bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on high, stirring once, until melted and smooth, about 1 minute. Dip a fork in the white chocolate; drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. Serve chilled.
- 1 serving = 2 points.