Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
8 points per serving - Yummy Beef Stroganoff!
- 6 ounces lean sirloin steaks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms (fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup dry medium egg noodles (cooked, about 1 cup uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- Trim fat from steak.
- Slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add steak; cook 3 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Place skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Return steak to skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth and next 5 ingredients; bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Spoon over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
- Serving size approximately 1 1/4 cup steak mixture and 1/2 cup noodles.
This was delicious! Glad I doubled the recipe since my husband asked if there was enough for lunch the next day!
This was delicious! All I did different was add 2 tsp of grainy mustard. Unfortunately I added the sour cream a but too early and it had lil white curtled bits in it. BUT! Aside from appearance it was amazing. Ty much for sharing :-D
We made this. We added to the 2 serving amount, about two teaspoons of Montreal Steak Seasoning, a half tablespoon of spicy brown mustard, and enough flour to thicken, about 3/4 of tablespoon. We forgot to add the sourcream at the end. Served it up and it was delicious. When we remembered the sour cream, realized all we had was about a 2 teaspoons of low fat SC. Added that to what was left in the pan, which was about half of the dish and it was even better. We made the two servings and it stretched to 4 small servings. We are trying to eat smaller servings anyway. It's a keeper.