Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks. If using for a savory pie, omit the sugar. I've never tried it myself, but next time I make a pie I definitely will! NOTE: Prep time does not include chilling.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. With two knives (or pastry cutter), cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cottage cheese and yogurt just until the mixture forms a ball. Gather dough into ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to a 13" circle. Fit dough into a 9" pie plate, pressing to fit and rolling the dough over to form a rim. Refrigerate until chilled; prick the bottom with a fork.
- For a prebaked crust, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line the crust with foil; fill with dried beans, rice or pie weights. Bake until crust is set, about 10 minutes, remove foil and weights. Bake until golden, about 5-8 minutes longer. Cool on a rack.
Not bad, saves a few fat grams, but quite a bit of work. Good if you MUST make a from scratch crust, however, same points as the store bought "famous dough boy" crust.