Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Revamped recipe to lighten up. As written they are 3 weight watchers points each.
Make and share this Weight Watchers Banana Oat Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Combine first 8 dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Beat egg substitute, banana and applesauce together in small bowl until smooth.
- Add banana mix to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups almost full or use muffin papers.
- Bake at 375F for 20 - 25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.
The flavor is just wonderful. I used mace for the nutmeg and 3/4 tsp of cinnamon. I used 4 bananas, average sized, and when the batter was ready to bake it was very soft. I went ahead and baked as directed but they didn't seem done at the end of the longest baking time even they were small. I baked for 5 more mins, they were as done as they were going to be. Although the batter didn't look to wet the muffins turned out with an odd custard like texture (which DH seems to really love!). They are not heavy and dense but very moist and creamy inside. I should also say that I use 50% unbleached and 50% whole wheat flours. I'm not giving any stars because I doubt that they are supposed to be this way and whatever happened was my fault. DH is really happy though :D. Mmde for Photo Tag
Great recipe!! Very easy to cut in half as well, which is what I did. I enjoy recipes where there is a nice large amt of over-ripe bananas to use up! I used whole wheat flour & only 1/4 cup Splenda. I didn't use nutmeg & added a few tbsp of mini choc chips. Baking time was right on. I made about 3 large muffins & can't wait to munch on them. Thanks so much for sharing.