These muffins are like mini-frosted banana cakes with a surprising burst of lemon. They are 3 points per muffin. This recipe makes 18 mini-muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 4 large bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Line 18 muffin holes with paper liners.
- 3Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; cream with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 4Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly mixed.
- 5In another large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture; beat well with mixer.
- 6Add milk and remaining flour mixture; beat until batter is combined and then fold in mashed bananas.
- 7Spoon batter into muffin liners about 3/4 full.
- 8Bake until muffins start to brown and a tester inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack and cool completely before icing.
- 10Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 11Ice cooled muffins; cover and refrigerate any uneaten muffins.
- 12Yields 1 muffin per serving.
- 14If the mouth-puckering lemon icing isn't enough flavor for you, try adding 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to the flour mixture.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Banana Muffins With Tart Lemon Icing
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 117.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g