Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here is an old-fashioned favorite with a new profile: fat free yogurt replaces the traditional cream filling and lime adds zesty flavor. 1/8 of the pie is 3 POINTS. From the Weight Watchers cookbook.
- 12 low-fat honey graham crackers, made into crumbs (3 full sheets)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 bananas (thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces unflavored gelatin (or standard size)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated lime zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and water with a fork.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake until firm, 3-5 minutes; cool.
- In another medium bowl, toss the bananas with the lime juice; reserve 1 cup. Arrange the remaining bananas over the crust.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water; let stand 2 minutes. Add the sugar; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and the gelatin and sugar dissolve, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in the yogurt and vanilla.
- Pour into the pie plate. Arrange the reserved bananas over the pie; sprinkle with lime zest.
- Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, until chilled, 2-3 hours.
I was in charge of our weight watchers birthday pot luck at work and I handed out recipes to everyone. One of my coworkers made this recipe and it was really good. Everyone loved it!