Recipe by Mari Freire
Italians love simple desserts where fruit is the star, and this one is a perfect example. a splash of sweet balsamic vinegar enhances the flavor of the strawberries. toast the cake slices before topping them with fruit, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen light pound cake, thawed and cut int 12 slices
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. stir in sugar and vinegar; cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves and mixture is slightly thick. stir in strawberries and orange rind, and cook 3 minutes or until strawberries are tender. serve warm strawberry mixture over cake slices.
- yields: 6 servings(serving size:2 cake slices and about 1/4 cup of strawberry mixture.
- 4 points.