1/1 Photo of Weight Watchers Baked Potato Soup
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I had this for lunch today and really liked it. I hope you do, too! It is 5 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bulb garlic clove (large, 1/4-inch-slice cut off top)
- 3 lbs potatoes (rinsed, pierced with a fork, about 6 large baking potatoes)
- 6 slices uncooked turkey bacon
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 6 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Wrap entire garlic bulb tightly in foil; place garlic and potatoes in oven. (You do not need to put them on a pan; they can go right on an oven rack.).
- 3Bake garlic until soft when squeezed, about 45 minutes; remove from oven and let cool. Continue baking potatoes until tender when pierced, about 15 minutes more; let potatoes stand until cool enough to handle.
- 4Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 6 minutes.
- 5Place bacon on paper towels to drain off any fat; chop bacon.
- 6Unwrap garlic and squeeze pulp from bulb with hands into a large saucepan.
- 7Peel potatoes and add to saucepan; mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- 8Gradually stir in broth, thyme, salt and pepper until blended; place saucepan over medium heat and cook until hot, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 9Spoon about 1 1/3 cups of soup into each of 6 soup bowls.
- 10Top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of cheese, 1 rounded tablespoon of bacon and 1 tablespoon of scallions.
- 11Grind fresh pepper over top if desired.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 475.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.2 g