Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This no-fuss pancake inflates like a balloon in the oven but sinks immediately on cooling, forming an inviting nest for toppings like yogurt or sliced pears. PointsPlus value per serving: 5.
- 1 spray butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt (vanilla, lemon, coffee)
- Preheat oven to 425°F Coat an ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Stir together all ingredients, except yogurt, in a medium bowl; whisk until batter is lump-free. (Be careful not to overbeat.) Pour batter into skillet. Bake until pancake is firm but puffed up, about 12 minutes.
- Immediately remove pancake from oven (it will deflate quickly) and cut into 4 wedges. Spoon one wedge onto each of 4 plates and top with 1/4 cup of yogurt.