Recipe by xpnsve
An Asian spin on a Weight Watchers favorite. Double the recipe and freeze it in 1 cup servings for a late afternoon snack or dinner-time starter. Zero Points!!! From the Weight Watchers website, thought I'd share with my 'zaar friends here.
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 3 medium garlic, clove(s) minced
- 1⁄4 cup gingerroot, thinly sliced and julienned
- 4 small raw oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups scallions (chopped)
- 1 cup canned water chestnut, sliced (8 oz can)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups snow peas, stringed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bok choy, Chinese cabbage, garlic, ginger root, mushrooms, scallions, water chestnuts, red pepper, red pepper flakes and broth into a large soup pot; stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Toss in snow peas during the last 3 to 4 minutes of simmering.
- Stir in soy sauce and cilantro.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.