Recipe by FluteDiva64
This recipe is a variation of the 1 pt Banana Bread recipe, which ends up being 2 pts with the new points system. I jazzed it up with spices and used applesauce, though just like the other recipe you can vary the ingredients.
Top Review by Linda S.
I follow the directions precisely, just as written. The batter on this muffin was VERY stiff, almost like a bread dough, so I had to add a 1/4 cup of club soda. Even with doing this I only got to fill the muffin tins half full and only got 11 muffins. If I tried to spread the batter to make 12 muffins they would have looked like chubby pancakes and not muffins at all. The taste is very good but I think the ingredients may be missing something to make this a 12 serving muffin, and also not so stiff batter.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (regular salt is also fine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional -- I really like cinnamon)
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- nonstick cooking spray