Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received an email this morning from a Weight Watchers leader by the name of Cheri Ann Blessum. There were actually 3 recipes. This is one of them.
- 1 lb granny smith apple, cored, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 lb bosc pear, cored, cut into 1-inch-thick slices (or you can use Bartlett)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, unpacked
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar, unpacked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons light butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 9- X 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place apple and pear slices in a medium bowl. Toss with lemon juice and sugar; set aside.
- To make topping, in another medium bowl, beat egg. Add sugar, salt and cinnamon; mix to combine. Add oats; mix well.
- Spoon fruit into prepared baking dish; evenly sprinkle oat mixture on top. Drizzle melted butter over top, and bake until fruit starts to bubble and topping starts to brown, about 45 to 50 minutes. Allow crisp to cool for a minimum of 2 hours. Cut into 9 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.