1/5 Photos of Weight Watchers Apple Crumble
1 hr 10 mins
Warm, juicy apples are dusted with cinnamon and nutmeg, packed into a light, homemade pie crust and topped with an oat-based crumb. This is 5 points per serving with 8 total servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons water (or more)
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water, at room temperature
- 1Place oven rack in middle of oven.
- 2Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 3Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- 4To make crust, combine flour, sugar and salt in bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade; whiz to combine.
- 5Scatter butter over flour mixture; pulse until dough resembles coarse meal. Slowly add water, adding another tablespoon if needed, until dough comes together.
- 6Place dough in prepared pan and press dough up sides and around bottom to form a crust; prick bottom of crust with a fork 5 or 6 times.
- 7To make filling, combine all filling ingredients in a medium bowl and toss gently to combine; evenly spread filling over crust.
- 8To make crumble, in small saucepan, melt butter.
- 9Add oats, flour and sugar; stir to combine and scatter over apples.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to 350ºF and continue baking until crust and crumble are golden and apples are juicy, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- 12If pie crust or crumble is getting too dark, cover with foil for last 20 minutes of baking.
- 13Let rest at least 30 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces and serving.
- 14Yields 1 piece per serving.
- 16Use a variety of apples such as McIntosh, Granny Smith and Jonagold.
- 17If you like your apple filling a bit saucier, bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Apple Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 75.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g