Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
8 servings --- 1/2 cup = 1 point --- cooking time is 2 hours chilling time.
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 carrot, finely grated (squeeze out all excess moisture with hands)
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or Splenda sugar substitute)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl combine all slaw ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients until well blended; pour over the cabbage mixture; toss well to combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or more before serving.
Can't believe I forgot to rate this! This recipe is wonderful. Used it on WW & now low carb as well. I used bagged shredded 3 color coleslaw, and added some matchstick carrots, then doubled the dressing!! YUM!
I make this coleslaw all the time now - it's easy and absolutely delicious! The sweet-tart of the apples complements the cabbage perfectly and the celery seed gives it that "something" that sets it apart from other slaws.
Delicious! Served with Crock-Pot Boston Butt Shoulder for Pulled Pork #375370 and it was enjoyed by even those who normally are not fans of slaw! Apple and pork are a marriage made in heaven for sure!