Prep 9 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe from Weight Watchers that I thought I'd try.
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup braeburn apple
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next five ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine buttermilk and next four ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir until smooth. Stir in apple.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
These are really good pancakes. I didn't have a Braeburn apple, so I used Golden Delicious. Loved the apple pieces in the cakes and could really taste the cinnamon. Thanks for a great low-fat recipe!