Recipe by ssej1078_1251510
Found this one in the weight watchers magazine
Top Review by Susie D
This salad surprised me in the best way. I was expecting a twist on a waldorf salad, but I enjoyed the savory elements far more. Freshly cracked black pepper is a must! It also made for a pretty presentation on leaf lettuce. I opted to coarse chop the apples and grated the cheese. Will make again! Made during Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.
- 2 red apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups celery
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter then slice the apples thinly , place in a bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Thinly slice the celery, add to the apples in the bowl
- Cube the cheddar cheese, add to the bowl.
- mix in the mayo and salt and pepper.
- toss to coat well.
- Chill in fridge for about 10 mins and then serve on a lettuce lined plate.