From Weight Watchers: Simply the Best, 250 Award Winning Recipes. Delicious as-is, or even better topped with a glaze and some jam. 3 points per serving.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a tube pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat the sugar and egg whites until soft peaks form.
- With the mixer at low speed, blend in the apples, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Scrape the batter into the pan and spread it smooth.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool an additional 20 minutes.