Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Core or only 1 point. Use purchased matchstick carrots to save time. The cooking time is the chilling time
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon artificial sweetener (non-caloric such as splenda)
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and diced
- 2 cups matchstick cut carrots
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill in refrigerater.
I used regular mayo because I hate the fat free stuff, and I also tried this with sour cream and plain yogurt, all with very good results, with a slightly different, but pleasing taste. I also used regular sugar, because I do not like substitutes. I only used one large Granny Smith apple, one good sized grated carrot, a small amount of celery and about 2 tablespoons of raisins. The raisins add a bit more color and of course texture and flavor. I think it is key to use a tart firm apple. I would like to try this as a base for coleslaw, adding both green and red cabbage.
This turned out great! Perfect diet food because it tastes like it's not. I could serve this simple recipe entertaining friends who aren't dieting. Love it!
This was super good and easy to prepare!! Will definitely be making this again!