Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
(WeightWatchers, Mormon, and could be vegan friendly)
- 10 ounces angel food cake, about 10-inches round (Albertsons)
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese or 4 ounces tofutti better-than-cream-cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free whipped topping
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese (Trader Joe's)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely grated (food processor)
- 12 fluid ounces extra strong herbal mocha-flavored coffee
- 4 teaspoons brandy flavoring (in the coffee)
- 1. Using a serrated knife, cut angel food cake into 12 equal slices; set aside.
- 2. In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine both cheeses, whipped topping, sugar and vanilla. Microwave for 30 seconds. Mix until blended and smooth. Combine cocoa and grated chocolate in a separate bowl; set aside. Pour coffee and brandy flavoring into a shallow dish.
- 3. Dip 4 cake slices into coffee mixture and turn to coat. Place slices crosswise in bottom of an 8-inch loaf pan and press cake down to coat bottom (break up cake if necessary to coat surface).
- 4. Gently spread 1/3 cheese mixture over cake layer. Sprinkle with 1/3 cocoa mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining cake slices, cream cheese mixture and cocoa mixture to make 3 layers.
- 5. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Well, I can' review this recipe, because I AM Mormon and we don't drink coffee - which is in the recipe....