Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe came from a magazine. I have tweaked it a little to make it healthier. It's 6 points for 2 cups in the weight watchers points system. Great for those winter nights and football game Sunday! I use the crock pot and it makes 4 quarts (2 cups per serving, 8 servings).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (90/10)
- 14 ounces pinto beans (drained)
- 14 ounces dark red kidney beans (drained)
- 14 ounces nonfat beef broth
- 14 ounces Rotel Tomatoes (drained)
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper (if you want more spice, add 2)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Pam cooking spray
- Ground the beef in a pan until cooked through. Drain and add to the crock pot.
- Add the pinto beans, kidney beans, beef broth and diced tomatoes to the crock pot.
- Dice the onion, green pepper, jalapeno.
- Spray pan with Pam and add the onion, green pepper and jalapeno until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the tomato paste and mix. Add the chili powder, oregano and cumin. Add to the crock pot.
- Cook for 4 hours on high, 6-7 hours on low.