Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe makes 6 servings, 1 taco = 1 serving/5pts a serving.
Top Review by teresas
This was tasty indeed. I also used a poblano pepper instead of the green. I can see being creative with this dish. I'm not a big fan of can soup in my dishes, but this was ok, next time I think I will just use some hot enchilada sauce. The meat mixture was so good. I might add some pickled jalapenos to it. What about black olives. You just need to make sure that there are no extra points. Let your imagination go wild. I also added some chopped cilantro on top. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey or 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded kraft reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large firm tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook meat with onion, garlic and bell pepper with until browned; drain fat well, then return to skillet.
- Add in the taco seasoning mix and water; bring to a boil and simmer over medium-low heat stirring for 10 minutes.
- Evenly divide the meat mixture between the 6 tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down into the prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top.
- In a bowl mix together the mushroom soup with milk; drizzle evenly over the top of tortillas.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes (do not over bake or tortillas will become soggy, bake only until heated through and cheese has melted).
- For each serving place 1 tortilla on a plate, sprinkle with 1/3 cup shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream.