Recipe by xpnsve
I love creamed corn and this makes an excellent, guilt-free side dish to a healthy WW meal! 2 points per serving.
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels (no need to thaw frozen corn) or 2 1⁄2 cups fresh corn (no need to thaw frozen corn)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (or more)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add corn and sauté 1 minute to heat through (or slightly longer if using frozen corn). Add flour and stir to coat corn and scallions. Add milk and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, until mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.