Prep 7 mins
Cook 16 mins
I love creamed corn and this makes an excellent, guilt-free side dish to a healthy WW meal! 2 points per serving.
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels (no need to thaw frozen corn) or 2 1⁄2 cups fresh corn (no need to thaw frozen corn)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (or more)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add corn and sauté 1 minute to heat through (or slightly longer if using frozen corn). Add flour and stir to coat corn and scallions. Add milk and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, until mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
I was really excited about this recipe but kind of disappointed with the end result. There was just something missing in it for me. To be fair, my dad thought it was "perfect" and my mom, who doesn't like creamed corn, thought it was good. So maybe it's just me? Thanks though!!
I made this as stated, and it was good.. but I did not care for the scallions.. I usually like them in just about anything, but for some reason, it was not my favorite.. I will make it again, though, but I'll leave out the scallions..
This was good for a low fat side. I had to cook it longer to thicken it up.