Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hey guys! Well, after lots of searching I finally found a recipe for a LARGE, yummy, fluffy, high fiber, filling 1 pt pancake! Here is the recipe: Whole Wheat Apple-Cinna Pancakes This recipe was found at: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122138 It's a great recipe which really does produce fluffy delicious 1pt pancakes
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup skim milk, with 1/2 tsp lemon juice mixed in
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon no-cal artificial sweetener
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Note: Batter will be kinda thick. If it is too thick for you, add a tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle that has been sprayed with non-stick butter flavored cooking spray.
- Spoon two good sized heaping tablespoon fulls of the batter into the skillet per pancake and spread out slightly. Let cook like a regular pancake and then flip, allowing to cook another minuet or so. Serve!
- Dietary Info:.
- Per pancake: 67 calories; 2 gm fiber; trace fat (1pt).
- for three pancakes: 202 calories; 6 gm fiber, 1 gm fat (3pts).
Good recipe, However when I put the nutritional information into the Points Plus calculator it comes up 5 PP for 2 pancakes.
I applaud this person for creating a recipe that's actually about 2 power points plus per pancake. It's def nice to be able to have pancakes while on the program; however, I found these pancakes to be very flavorless. I think this has a lot of potential, but it's really about finding spices that work. I couldn't take more than 3 bites of this! Unfortunately, I will not be eating this again unless I can find something that will give it flavor.
I found these pancakes horrible. They were super dense and tasted gross. I would not recommend this recipe at all. I threw them all out.