Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
YUM! Peanut Butter Cookies - on a diet?!?! YES! 1 cookie = 1 point.
Make and share this Weight Watchers 1 Pt. Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, stick-variety
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray (2 sprays)
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Combine margarine and peanut butter in a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed until blended and smooth. Gradually add both sugars and beat until blended; add egg white and vanilla and beat until smooth. While beating on low speed, gradually add flour mixture and mix until just blended.
- Transfer dough to a large piece of plastic wrap and roll into an 8-inch log. Wrap log in plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours. (Note: You can make the cookie dough up to 3 days in advance and freeze until ready to bake.).
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Remove cookie dough from freezer and slice crosswise into about twenty-four 1/3-inch-thick slices; place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden around edges, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- Flavor Booster: Browned margarine has a nutty flavor that enhances a peanut butter cookie. Melt the margarine in a small skillet until it sizzles and just begins to brown. Remove from heat and freeze for 20 minutes, or until firm, before using in recipe.
These were good, but they are worth 2 points on WW new system. I guess since fruit has no points, they have to make it up somewhere.
This recipe is great! The cookies turned out very soft with a wonderful peanut butter flavor. Definitely recommended!
These came out great, but did take about 30 mins for mine to bake instead of 8 to 10 minutes.