1/1 Photo of Weight Watchers 0 Point Garden Vegetable Soup
Cucina Casalingo's Note:
This soup has been around for years! I taught Weight Watchers for 20 years and have been wildly endorsing this soup that long too! For WW Point followers, be aware that if you add starchy vegetables, you no longer have a 0 Point recipe. This recipe has a lot of "wiggle" room. I use home made chicken or turkey broth (very low sodium that way). Sometimes I'll use fresh spinach. In a pinch, I'll use canned green beans. I also like to play with the seasonings. I'll use fresh herbs from the garden when in season or I might try using hot sauce or pepper flakes to give it some heat. Also, try adding leftover chicken or shrimp but be sure to figure the points if you're following WW Points. This is a truly delicious, versatile and healthy dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chicken broth (home made is best, or store bought non-fat chicken, beef or vegetable broth)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onions or 1 small vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (and or or 1 can diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1Spray a large sauce pan with non stick cooking spray.
- 2Saute garlic, onions and carrots for 5 minutes.
- 3Add broth, tomato paste, green beans, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 4Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- 5Add the zucchini and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- 6Add frozen spinach and continue heating until the soup is steaming hot.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers 0 Point Garden Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 438.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g