Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mother is on Weight Watchers and when her Birthday rolled around I wanted to find a recipe for a cake she could enjoy without feeling guilty. Found this recipe on JournalToSuccess.Com. Turned out moist and delicious much to my surprise. 12 servings equals 2 points each. Big Servings!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (white mix works also)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 8 egg whites
- 1 (12 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mix yellow cake mix with egg whites, pineapple and applesauce.
- Spray a 9x13 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour mix into pan and bake for approx 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- After cake is cool, spread cool whip over and serve.
I plugged the recipe into my recipe builder on line. This came out to 7 points per serving. Not bad for a dessert for special occasions. This is under the new points plus system. For an everyday dessert I would not eat it. A bag of single serving M&Ms is 4 points.
I calculated this recipe on my Weight Watchers Points Plus Calculator and it said it was 6 points. I've actually just finished baking it, and it smells sooo good! Can't wait to taste it!
I too plugged the recipe into the recipe builder on-line and it came up to 7 pts WITHOUT the added sprinkles on top. I would definitely eat this for a birthday or special occassion.