Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I found this on Pinterest and am posting it to try.
- 1360.77 g beef, eye of round or 1360.77 g boneless bottom round roast, all fat trimmed
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lime, juice
- 2-4 chipotle chiles in adobo (to taste)
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml oregano, dried
- 2.46 ml clove
- salt and pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 4.92 ml oil
- 236.59 ml water
- Place garlic, onion, lime juice, cumin, oregano, chiptoles, cloves in a blender.
- Trim all fat off meat, cut into 4 inch chunks. Season with salt and pepper and brown on high heat in 1 tsp oil.
- Add liquefied spices, water, bay leaves and place on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once cooked and the meat is tender, remove the meat and place in a dish. Shred it with two forks, and reserve the liquid for later (discard the bay leaf).
- Return the shredded meat to the pot, adjust salt and cumin (you may need to add more) to taste and add some of the reserved liquid back. Continue to cook on low for 30 minutes to let the flavors penetrate.