Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from the Weight Watcher's Quick & Easy series, this recipe truly is and it's delicious! This is the only recipe that I enjoy mushrooms in and the kids love it too.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) jarfat-free beef gravy
- Combine ground beef, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and mix well. Shape into 4 half-inch thick patties.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium heat until hot. Add patties, cook 4 min per side or until they reach desired doneness. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add mushrooms, onion and thyme to skillet, saute 3 minutes. Add sherry, saute 1 minute. Stir in gravy, return patties to skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on garlic mashed potatoes with a steamed veggie.
Thank u for sharing such a simple, wonderful recipe! I made this for my husband last night & he enjoyed it!! I used broth for the sherry, made 6oz patties & went easy on the thyme since hubby isn't the biggest fan of it. Served it with mashed potatoes. Thanks so much!!
This was very, very good! I was searching for something quick for dinner as about to go out the door from work and "Weight Watchers" caughy my eye as I am currently in WW. I knew I had everything on hand besides the beef so stopped at the Butcher Shop for that, I used the leanest ground beef I could get (think my beef may have had a higher fat content tho!) and doubled the recipe since I have 7 mouths to feed. I used one jar of regular gravy and one jar of fat-free (was afraid the family would protest!) but next time will only use the fat-free since there is so much flavor. I also served over brown rice since that is what I had on hand, and served with steamed broccoli. When I was done with the beef, I drained the pan as I had some fat in it, then added the mushrooms and onions, wanted to cut down all the fat possible. Great recipe, I will definitely use again!
This was absolutely delicious! I used white table wine and I did not have any jarred gravy, so I used a dry packaged gravy mix that was low calorie and low fat. I mixed it up with water before I added it to the pan and it worked like a charm. Even my picky 13 year old raved over this. It's crazy how a little thyme and wine can jazz up a simple hamburger and gravy.