Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From angelfire.com! sounds yummy! Will update when I make!:) UPDATE!: 3-18-09 I really liked this. i added mushrooms and garlic(of course :) ) and it was great! It was fast to make and low in points what else could you ask for?
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, Barilla
- 3⁄4 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3⁄4 lb eggplant (slices 1/2-inch thick)
- Grill eggplant on George Foreman Grill for about 5-10 minutes until soft. Spray 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Put eggplant on bottom of pan. Spread spaghetti sauce over eggplant. Mix cottage cheese and mozzarella, and spread it over sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes and serve hot.
- Serving Size : 4
- Per serving: 154 Calories; 6g Fat (32% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 13mg Cholesterol; 473mg Sodium.
This was delicious and so easy to make! It was just as good the next day for leftovers :) I made a few modifications that were even more delicious! I Sauteed some mushrooms and spinach in Marsala wine and layered that on top of the sauce and under the cheese. Also I added about a tsp of basil in the cheese mixture for extra flavor! Give it a try, this will be a staple for me now!
I Just Recently Started Weight Watchers. The Frozen Meals Are Not Bad, But I Am A Cook, And I Enjoy Being In The Kitchen. So I Started Browsing The Net For Recipes. And I Came Across This Site. I Thought That This Recipe Sounded Good. And I Was So Right. This Is My First Ww Recipe Cooked From Scratch. And I Just Loved This Recipe. It Makes Me Eager To Search For More. I Did Not Change A Thing. Went As The Recipe Was Written. Thank You For A Quick, Easy, Recipe. It Is Awesome. From Florida!!!
Ok... I have to admit, When Punkyluv said she was making an eggplant casserole and wanted me to try it I was a bit concerned.. I have never eaten eggplant before and already had my mind made up I didn't like it. Well, I have changed my mind.. I like eggplant and I LOVE this casserole.. It is very tasty. Very "Italiano" !!This one is a Keeper for sure. (hoping she makes it again soon) :)