Recipe by TheDancingCook
Moist and tasty! For those on WW, it's an easy, economical homemade alternative to buying the overpriced WW baked goods in the grocery store. This recipe is courtesy of the WW website.
Top Review by dianelwilson
I've made this a number of times and accidently discovered a way to improve it. We had no applesauce, so I substituted the same amount of fat free plain yogurt. It lightened it up, and everyone was happy here. I'm going to try substituting pumpkin for the bananas next b/c I need a low point pumpkin bread.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup natural applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, mash bananas, add Splenda and mix.
- Mix in rest of indgredients.
- Pour ingredients into a bread pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes; cake tester should come out clean when done.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- *If using a dark coated pan, bake at 325 degrees and bake a little longer; cake tester to should come out clean when done.