1/7 Photos of Wegman's Delicious, Spunky, Clammy Chowda! Longmeadow
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
We are so lucky to have this wonderful grocery store here in Maryland. Saw this recipe on the back of Wegmans 5 pound potato sack, and had to try it. I found it delicious, and perfect for a warm Sunday dinner, or anytime during the week for that matter. I had everything on hand, so that made it even easier. *Note* -- any changes I made or mentioned are noted in the ( ) area. I hope you enjoy this, as much as we do on the farm. Now if I can just figure out how to grow clams!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy bottom soup pot, cook bacon on LOW until crisp. Remove bacon and drain off all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- 2Add onion to pot, stir and cook until limp and golden, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add bacon, clam juice (or chicken stock), potatoes, and thyme. Simmer, covered; stirring occasionally until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- 4Add clams and milk; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wegman's Delicious, Spunky, Clammy Chowda! Longmeadow
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 642.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 15.0 g