Prep 8 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Posting here for safe keeping. From Wegman's Menu Magazine Summer 2009. The original recipe called for it to be baked in the oven for the entire time. I prefer cooking it on the grill after I partially bake it in the oven. The chicken needs to marinate in the refrigerator at least 6 hours.
- 3 tablespoons wegman's barbecue seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 6 tablespoons wegman's basting oil
- 5 chicken thighs
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- Mix barbecue seasoning, brown sugar, salt and basting oil in a bowl.
- Add chicken, tossing to coat.
- Marinate covered 6-8 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 and preheat gas grill.
- Bake chicken pieces in oven for approx 30 mins and transfer to platter.
- Place chicken pieces on the grill until cooked, approx 5 minutes on each side.