Recipe by Cynna
Taken from the side of a box of Weetabix. I really love this UK breakfast staple and love these muffins EVEN MORE! You can find Weetabix in various whole foods stores. I get mine from Trader Joe's.
Top Review by volleygirl27
I decided to try some Weetabix (got mine from Trader Joe's too) and I really enjoy it! I was reading the box and came across this recipe, so I made these muffins this weekend. They are VERY tasty! Plus, they were easy to throw together. I used skim milk and a bit less butter than it called for, but they still turned out great! I got 12 muffins out of this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 5 Weetabix, biscuits, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- brown sugar, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups or use paper baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and allspice. Stir in the Weetabix and sugar.
- Mix the yogurt and milk together in separate bowl and beat in the egg, melted butter, and honey.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Scoop batter into the muffin cups and sprinkle a little more brown sugar on top of the batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the miffins have risen and are golden brown.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool or serve warm for breakfast with yogurt and fruit.