Recipe by Miss Annie
I dont like tears on my pies.
Top Review by Teresa M
Ann, this is Delicious! It has a bit more substance than regular meringue, and “I don’t like tears in my pies” either. I know it drives my mom crazy when she bakes them and gets tears, so I’ll have to share this one with her. I paired this up with Lennie’s Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie. Our DD’s eyes rather rolled back in her head with enjoyment as she tasted it, followed by mmmm, and I know she told me at least twice how good it was. DH has some in his lunch for tomorrow, a really nice Monday treat. We Will be making this one again! Thank-you. I’ll have to try this meringue on a chocolate-from-scratch meringue pie next…lol
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 dash salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cornstarch and cold water.
- Add to 1/2 cup boiling water.
- Cook over low heat until it thickens.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat egg whites, dash of salt, and sugar until stiff.
- Add cooled cornstarch mixture to beaten egg white mixture.
- Put on pie, making sure it covers the edges well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.