1/1 Photo of Weeping Tiger (Thai Marinated Beef)
delicious enough to make even a tiger cry. This is for one, but easy to quardruple. Does not include 20 min marinade time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the steak
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 4 coriander sprigs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh green peppercorns, available from specialist stores
- 1 teaspoon nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 lb sirloin steak
for the chili sauce
- 1To make the 'weeping tiger', pound together the garlic and coriander in a pestle and mortar.
- 2Transfer to a large mixing bowl and combine with the peppercorns, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Add the steak to the bowl and rub with the marinade. Leave in a cool place for 20 minutes.
- 3For the chilli sauce, toast the rice in a dry wok over a low heat, until golden brown all over. Grind to a fine powder using a mortar and pestle.
- 4Transfer the toasted rice powder to a small bowl, add the fish sauce, lemon juice, crushed chillies and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Leave on one side.
- 5For the steak, preheat a grill until hot, and lightly grease a grill rack. Grill the steak for 1½ - 2 minutes on each side, if you like your steak rare. Cook it for about 3-4 minutes on each side for well-cooked steak. Leave the steak to stand for a few minutes before slicing into strips.
- 6Serve the steak with the chilli sauce and accompany with rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weeping Tiger (Thai Marinated Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.5
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 222.1 mg
- Sodium 2362.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 66.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: