Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
from southernfood.com. Great addition to your family gathering. tried and loved.
Make and share this Weeping Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Tear some of the lettuce into small pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Spread enough mayonnaise on lettuce to cover.
- Slice a red onion and put a few slices on the lettuce.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the onions.
- Put some of the peas over this and top with small slices of Swiss cheese[or grated].
- Repeat layers until everything is used.
- Put foil or a light cover over the bowl and refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- It must sit this long.
- Do not use dressing on this salad.
- The sugar makes the onions weep and the juice mixes with the mayonnaise to make its own dressing.
- Before serving, sprinkle with crumbled bacon.