2 hrs 20 mins
Izzy Knight's Note:
from southernfood.com. Great addition to your family gathering. tried and loved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear some of the lettuce into small pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- 2Spread enough mayonnaise on lettuce to cover.
- 3Slice a red onion and put a few slices on the lettuce.
- 4Sprinkle a little sugar over the onions.
- 5Put some of the peas over this and top with small slices of Swiss cheese[or grated].
- 6Repeat layers until everything is used.
- 7Put foil or a light cover over the bowl and refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 8It must sit this long.
- 9Do not use dressing on this salad.
- 10The sugar makes the onions weep and the juice mixes with the mayonnaise to make its own dressing.
- 11Before serving, sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weeping Salad
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 86.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g