1/4 Photos of Weeknight Tortellini With Arugula & Crispy Prosciutto
Mmmm! Is this good! It tastes very gourmet without much work. I got this in an e-mail recipe exchange (similar to a chain letter) where each person shares one of their all-time recipes! Jenny who sent this to me said she adapted it from a recipe in Cottage Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage or 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary sprigs, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 lb arugula (about 2 cups) or 1/4 lb baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried (about 2 cups)
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated tortellini (the original recipe called for mushroom but Jenny uses whole wheat cheese and I used chicken)
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add prosciutto, and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté about 3 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 2 minutes. Add arugula, and sauté until just wilted.
- 3Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and add to vegetables in skillet; toss gently to combine. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Crumble prosciutto, and sprinkle over pasta. Garnish with ricotta salata, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weeknight Tortellini With Arugula & Crispy Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.6
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 441.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: