My very "EASY" favorite dinner. A 30 minute-meal that tastes better the 2nd day so leftovers are met with a cheer, not a groan! Bet you already have all the ingredients in your pantry. This is so good even DH, who doesn't like peanuts, loves it, and my finicky 10 year old, too. It presents nicely on a bed of rice topped with fresh chives, and serve with Asparagus Bundles #111515 for a nice contrast of flavor. Says serves 6, but serves my family of 4. I usually double the recipe. (F/Uncle Ben's) NOTE-5/17-Made tonight and doubled, and added RICE to the final product, letting it simmer until cooked. Even BETTER! Many thanks to LENNIE for photo.
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup beef bouillon
- 4 tablespoons chunky peanut butter (chunky adds nice texture)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb beef sirloin steaks or 1 lb comparable 1/4 inch thick beef steak, sliced into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Start 6 servings of white rice cooking according to package directions.
- Whisk together broth, peanut butter, soy sauce and lemon pepper in small bowl- set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet on medium high-heat until hot, then add beef, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper to taste- cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add green pepper and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until tender- reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in peanut sauce until well blended, and sprinkle with green onions (optional).
- Serve over hot rice- Enjoy!