1/4 Photos of Weeknight Tex-Mex Burritos (Or Tacos or Taco-Burgers)
An easy meal to throw together on weeknights when you are busy with work, school, or sports.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef (80 or 90% fat free)
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas or 8 taco shells or 8 hamburger buns
- 1In large skillet, brown ground beef over medium to medium-high heat. Drain off fat.
- 2Add in all spices. Stir in water, cooking over medium heat until water cooks off. (Water helps ensure even distribution of spices throughout meat).
- 3Stir in refried beans and green chilies. Heat through. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 4Burritos: Warm flour tortillas in microwave or in oven. Spread meat and bean mixture on each flour tortilla. Garnish with preferred toppings. Enjoy.
- 5Tacos: Toast taco shells in oven according to package directions. (Note: toasting the taco shells is a MUST). Spoon meat and bean mixture into each taco shell. Garnish with preferred toppings.
- 6Taco-burgers: Toast hamburger buns in oven until light golden brown. Spread meat and bean mixture onto bottom half of buns. If making taco-burgers, you may want to substitute sliced cheese (such as American). Garnish with preferred toppings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weeknight Tex-Mex Burritos (Or Tacos or Taco-Burgers)
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.3
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 431.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g