Recipe by children from A to Z
This is so simple it can be made any night of the week, even if time is an issue you can put a hot home cooked meal together in no time flat and very tasty!
Top Review by chicagoleelee
Loved this recipe as a base but changed it up a little bit. I used 1 lb of Jimmy Dean sausage, 2 boxes of veggie stock, 1 24 oz. bag of frozen hashbrowns, 1 bag of frozen spinach. Used 1 cup of water and followed the base recipe for everything else. It was yummy! I also spiced it up a little bit with some hellfire. Really tasty! Reminded me of Olive Garden's Zuppa toscana soup that I love so much! Thank you for posting!!
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain; return to dutch oven.
- Add hash browns and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minute.
- Stir in soups and milk; cook, stirring often, until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with cheese, if desired.