Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I made this tonight because I was too tired to make anything else! The Great Northern beans are great for kids bcz they don't have a strong flavor. Feel free to change the toppings to what suits your family. These toppings turned out great for us. This will fill you up!
- 4 -5 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained well
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups nacho cheese sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- 4 green onions (or dry minced onions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce and cook the potatoes in the microwave until done, about 6-8 min., depending on your oven.
- Slice open the potatoes and mash down a little. Add some butter, if you wish.
- Layer the ingredients (about 1/4 cup or more per potato) in the order given, slicing the green onions first.
- Place back into the microwave and cook until done, about 1 minute per potato.