Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple to cook and really tasty. Serve with mash potatoes, gravy and veg of your choice.
- 6 center-cut pork chops
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) packet prepared stuffing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the stuffing according to the box directions, put to one side.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, and saute the onion and apple slices for 10 mins, until onion is soft.Remove from skillet and place in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the onion apple mixture.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and lightly brown on both sides ( about 5 mins ).
- Place the pork chops on top of the apples and onions, and sprinkle with the pepper.
- Lastly cover the chops with the ready made stuffing.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
This was really good, I loved it! I gave it 4 because my boyfriend thought it was good, but not great. I will make it again with Boneless chops, we used bone-in, which he doesn't like. I woud also uncover it at the end because it stuffing was really mushy, but the apply onion mix was good, we used vidalia onions.