Recipe by Nanners
This recipe is quick, easy and very satisfying. The amount of pasta to use is an inexact science. I like all of the sauce covering the pasta with none left at the bottom, but if you want it more saucy, use less pasta. This is adapted from a Southern Living recipe.
Top Review by Prayztwice
Amazing white clam suuce! I wish my kids had left me more that a couple licks of the pan....they devoured this and begged for more. Think I'll double the recipe next time, which will be very soon.
- 10 -12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta cooks, drain the clams and reserve 3/4C of the clam liquid.
- Melt butter over medium heat in skillet.
- Add garlic to butter and sautee 1-2 minutes- do not brown.
- Add cream and clam liquid.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the clams and parsely till clams are heated.
- Turn off heat and add Monterey Jack cheese and pasta and toss well.
- Serve hot and season with parmesan and fresh ground pepper if desired.