Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is quick, easy and very satisfying. The amount of pasta to use is an inexact science. I like all of the sauce covering the pasta with none left at the bottom, but if you want it more saucy, use less pasta. This is adapted from a Southern Living recipe.
- 10 -12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta cooks, drain the clams and reserve 3/4C of the clam liquid.
- Melt butter over medium heat in skillet.
- Add garlic to butter and sautee 1-2 minutes- do not brown.
- Add cream and clam liquid.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the clams and parsely till clams are heated.
- Turn off heat and add Monterey Jack cheese and pasta and toss well.
- Serve hot and season with parmesan and fresh ground pepper if desired.
Amazing white clam suuce! I wish my kids had left me more that a couple licks of the pan....they devoured this and begged for more. Think I'll double the recipe next time, which will be very soon.
This was terrific, used Smart Balance solid stick margarine for the butter to cut back a little and added 1/2 tsp of dried basil and 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning. Thanks of a great recipe.