Recipe by mommyoffour
This is a super quick paella dish that can be made in about 1/2 an hour. The flavors aren't as complex as the original but this is close. It uses an already cooked rotisserie chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken and garlic rice vermicelli mix (rice a roni)
- 1 cup frozen onion and three pepper blend
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked chorizo sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, cut into six serving pieces
- 1 cup cooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed and tails removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add rice mix and stir fry vegetables; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until rice mix begins to brown.
- Stir in broth, water, bay leaf and seasoning packet from rice mix.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in sausage and peas.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover; cook about 5 minutes or until shrimp and chicken are thoroughly heated.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.