Recipe by OnoMeansDelicious
This is a recipe from my boyfriend's mother. It's his childhood favorite and I make it just about weekly for him. It's pretty plain and simple if you have a picky eater in your family.
Top Review by looneytunesfan
These were pretty good. The meatballs came out moist and tender. The sause was a little bitter but that could be because I couldn't find the exact size cans of tomato sauce. Next time I will add a little bit more sugar to tone down the bite.
- 1 lb ground beef (I use 85% lean)
- 3 pieces white bread, torn
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) canhunt's tomato paste
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, pulse bread until crumbs form. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until uniformly mixed (you may need to scrape down the bowl a couple times to get it just right). Using wet hands, form balls about the size of a golfball. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 450 F until browned (about 15 minutes). I turn them once during cooking. Once the meatballs are cooked, transfer to warming sauce in a medium-sized pot. Simmer for at least 20 minutes. Serve over noodles (I like whole wheat angel hair for this recipe).