Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK; use ground chicken, not ground chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Microwave ground chicken, onion, tomato paste, garlic, and Italian seasoning in bowl, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Break up any large pieces of chicken with spoon, then drain off fat; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in tomato puree, soy sauce, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 2-3 hours on LOW.
- Using large spoon, skim excess fat from surface of sauce.
- Before serving, stir in basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enough sauce for 1 lb. pasta.